Delivered by digital learning over 12 months
Explore all areas of tanker operations
Gain a comprehensive understanding of the design, vetting, chartering, marine and terminal operations for oil, gas and petrochemicals vessels.
Explore how tanker owners and crews can prepare to meet the requirements of OCIMF's SIRE 2.0 Tanker Vetting Programme.
Diploma in Tanker Management Online Course
- Module 1 – The Oil, Gas and Petrochemicals Shipping Market
- Module 2 – Vessel Design and Specification
- Module 3 – Tanker Management Overview
- Module 4 – Vessel Safety and Pollution Management
- Module 5 – Management Standards: Safety, Security, Quality, Environment and Risk
- Module 6 – Auditing and Vetting
- Module 7 – Cargo Handling and Management
- Module 8 – Terminal Operations
- Module 9 – Commercial Management: Chartering
- Module 10 – Commercial Management: Operations
- Module 11 – Case Study: Vetting a Tanker in Practice
What you'll learn
- Identify the demand and supply patterns of the industry
- Describe and compare the different vessel types used for OG&P transportation
- Demonstrate the application of international conventions, codes and regulations to the management of tankers in service
- Understand how the principles of safe working practice are applied on board a tanker
- Identify the various management codes and international standards used in the tanker industry
- Recognise the importance of auditing to enhance management standards
- Describe how the transfer of cargo between a tanker and a shipper/receiver is managed and documented
- Recognise the types of tank storage arrangements used in tanker terminals for different products
- Discuss the legal obligations and responsibilities of each party to a tanker charter
- Recognise the relationship between the managers responsible for fixing a charter and those responsible for managing the voyage of the tanker
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs