With the various cargo handling facilities within a port estate now usually being operated by individual operators, today’s terminal managers operate in a complex environment, balancing a variety of processes and demands to ensure terminals operate safely, efficiently and profitably.
The Diploma in Terminal Management includes both a theoretical and a practical managerial approach to a terminal’s position in the global logistics chain. This course examines the complex mix of knowledge and skills required to effectively manage a cargo terminal.
This 12-month course offers a most comprehensive and detailed educational programme that focuses on terminal operations and productivity, leadership, safety, security, environmental
management and marketing. It looks at the particular operating environment of different types of terminals handling seaborne trade.
MORE: The 60 credits provided once you complete your Diploma in Terminal Management can be used towards an exclusive MBA with Middlesex University - allowing you to take your business and leadership learning further and achieve your ultimate career goals.
- Terminal and port management personnel and their teams seeking to develop their knowledge
- Operations personnel including managers, supervisors and superintendents looking for career enhancement and to increase management knowledge and skills
- Technical employees such as engineers needing a wider understanding of terminal operations
- Port authority professionals and logistics managers wishing to gain business understanding
- Sales, marketing and business development managers wanting to expand their knowledge of terminal management
- Seafarers and new entrants preparing for a career in port or terminal management
Log into your existing or create an Informa Connect account to download the latest course prospectus.
Once logged in, you will have unrestricted access to all Lloyd's Maritime Academy content
(across the entire course portfolio).