Diploma in Terminal Management
- Module 1 - Introduction to International Trade Logistics
- Module 2 -The Role of Ports and Terminals
- Module 3 -Terminal Operations
- Module 4 -Health, Safety, Security and environmental Management
- Module 5 -Terminal Labour and Human Resource Management
- Module 6 -Management of Terminals
- Module 7 -Economics of Terminal Operations
- Module 8 -Managing and Motivating People
- Module 9 -Legal issues for Terminals
- Module 10 -Negotiating, Drafting and Managing Contracts
- Module 11 -Managing Projects
What you'll learn
- The role of terminals within ports and the supply chain, including the commodities and volumes transported
- The relationship between the port authority and a terminal operator
- The various terminal operators and the benchmarking of terminals.
- The Health & Safety (H&S) of personnel, the security of the terminal and the protection of the environment
- The careful management of people, training needs, skills mix and performance
- The themes of business strategy, marketing, business development and sales, pricing and customer service
- The economics related to the management and operations of the terminal, including budgeting and the financial implications of operational decisions
- Self-development, leadership and management
- The legal framework in which terminals operate, looking at the range of complex legislation which surrounds the operation of a terminal
- The process of engaging in a contract with shipping lines and/or cargo owners the practices and principles of managing a project.
How you will learn
This course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
MBA (Terminal Management) - Diploma Continuation
The Diploma in Terminal Management has been academically assessed to provide 60 credits of prior learning accreditation towards a unique MBA delivered in partnership between Lloyd's Maritime Academy and Middlesex University.
100% Online - Learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs