HELP US PLANT A MILLION MANGROVES
Knowing which parts of the event you have engaged with helps us ensure we’re designing out content and features to best suit your needs. As a thank you, every time you use the ConnectMe app on your mobile device to scan QR codes during the live event, you'll earn points, which we’ll convert into planting mangroves – a project we can all enjoy supporting, as a part of our wider commitment to delivering a sustainable event.
We are excited to be supporting the Million Mangroves project. Mangroves– trees that live on the edge of land and sea – provide crucial wildlife habitats, are an excellent carbon sink (four times more than a rainforest), protect the coast from flooding and erosion and also provide local communities with a key source of food and income. In recent years many vital mangrove habitats have been destroyed, but by supporting their restoration you can help us reinstate these wonderful, hard-working trees that are helping combat the challenges of climate change.
Get a snapshot of Informa's Million Mangroves Project below!
Help plant a million mangroves
Download the ConnectMe app and scan the green QR codes around the event to collect points.
Every time you use the ConnectMe app on your mobile device to scan QR codes during the live event, you'll earn points, which we’ll convert into planting mangroves.
The more you scan, the more mangroves we will plant, to help the environment.
FASTERFORWARD TO ZERO
FasterForward is Informa’s approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>
HOW ARE WE BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE EVENT?
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aims...
We want Flame to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring our impacts
- Supporting sponsors and partners in donating to local and industry-related charities
Flame will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Designing our events to eliminate waste
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event
Our aim is for Flame to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the bioprocessing industry
- Developing close partnerships with relevant charities, companies and associations and giving them a platform to promote their work in the field
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including diversity & inclusion, gender balance, sustainability trends, the impact on the environment & more..