2-4 November 2021
and live streamed
The Flame Bright Sparks programme for the under 35's
Our Bright Sparks programme is open to anyone under 35 (who has never attended before), join us for networking, media training and breakfast with two senior energy executives.
2020 Bright sparks programme
Who are the rising stars in your company? Introduce your high achievers to the Flame community with our Bright Sparks programme. Open to anyone under 35 who has not yet attended the conference, Bright Sparks will benefit from full access to all 3 days of Flame for £500, in addition to some unmissable extra. Scroll down for more information.
Meet other Bright Sparks at our exclusive networking drinks. Here there will be an introduction to the media training by Sasha Twining, a respected television and radio presenter with experience working for the BBC.
Dedicated, pre-booked 45 min slot per Bright Spark for media training on either 12th or 13th May. The training will ensure every candidate feels secure and happy standing in front of a camera, microphone or packed hall.
- They will leave the session feeling more comfortable and confident in their ability to communicate their key messages to a wide variety of audiences - either live on stage, or via camera/microphone.
- The candidates will be specifically trained in personality and enthusiasm projection, and given tips and techniques to ensure their message gets across with maximum impact.
Media training format: There’s nothing better than practice!
- Candidates will be asked to come prepared to talk about their company/research area/industry for 2-3 minutes.
- We will create a ‘safe space’ where you can feel relaxed enough to experiment and practice in front of a camera and microphone with expert guidance
- The last thing any interviewee wants to do is make their training mistakes in public - when the interview really matters. This way, candidates can practice ideas, responses and styles in private - then watch the footage back immediately to decide what works for them.
Breakfast with a CEO
Join us on May 13th for breakfast with 2 senior energy executives: Ann Collins from Shell, and David Ledesma from the OIES, Pavillion Energy and South-Court Consulting. Find out what it takes to get to the top, what a senior executives daily diary look like, and discover tips to advance your career in the energy industry.
About Ann Collins: Ann is currently General Manager, Gas Market Development for Shell Energy, with particular focus on the role of natural gas in the energy transition. She has nearly 30 years of experience working in the gas industry. Find out more about Ann.
About David Ledesma: David Ledesma is an independent gas and LNG consultant with 20 years’ LNG experience gained through the development of LNG projects in Asia and the Middle East. Find out more about David.
Sasha Twining, media presenter and trainer
Sasha is a well respected television and radio presenter who uses her vast experience to ensure media training candidates get the most from every media opportunity. Sasha has worked as a Sky News anchor and was the lead presenter for Russia Today, an international news television channel based in Moscow. She’s also worked as a correspondent for ITV, and was the London correspondent for the Nine Network (Australian national television).
She has trained countless candidates from many fields, including the MoD, charitable sectors, estate agents, pharmaceuticals, unions and pressure groups. She has trained candidates for many different programmes/shows, ranging from Radio 4’s Today programme, right through to ITV’s This Morning. In the corporate world, Sasha hosts many large conferences, industry panel discussions, Q&A sessions and CEO debates.
2-4 November 2021
and live streamed