1 - 5 August 2022
Cambridge University, United Kingdom
IT Law Summer School
The leading event to gain a comprehensive grounding in all the critical aspects of IT law.
Now in its 24th year, the fundamental event to expand your cyber law knowledge
Whether you have recently started your training contract or are seeking to move into the field of information technology, the IT Law Summer School is the perfect choice.
Hear from some of the most respected legal minds from across industry and private practice.
The IT Law Summer School remains the fundamental event to give you the knowledge and tools to make your career in IT Law a success.
Build knowledge in key areas of IT law theory and application at the IT Law Summer School
Learn the key concepts every legal practitioner needs to know
- Understand legal liability in the digital age
- Discover the principal elements and obligations of an IT contract
- Explore the relationship between law and practice when looking at exclusions and limitations of liability
- Grasp the complex relationship between IT and IP
- Get involved in a mock contract debate
Take an in-depth look at copyright and procurement
- Hear from the Technology Law Alliance on technology procurement
- Learn about alternative IP licenses and their uses
- Master the complex field of technology public procurement
- Explore the specific copyright issues surrounding software
- Competition law in the IT sector: why is it special?
Tackle the new challenges of corporate transactions
- Make sure your corporate transactions are wrinkle free by understanding the risks and exposure IT brings
- Learn how to structure outsourced tech contracts
- Explore how cloud computing is changing data processing, contracting and more
Protecting privacy in the information era
- Get up to date on GDPR challenges
- How will international transfers change under the GDPR?
- ICO enforcement powers
- Digest the scope of the Investigatory Powers Act and how it will affect the legal industry
Exploring the frontier of IT law
- Understanding liability on social media
- Jurisdictional considerations - where are you liable?
- FinTech and Blockchains are changing the financial world - make sure you're ready
- Learn how robotics, AI and computer learning are changing the legal practice
OUR 2022 EXPERT SPEAKER FACULTY INCLUDES:
The IT Law Summer School in Numbers
Presentations, debates, and workshops to build your IT law skills
Industry leaders providing you with a wealth of knowledge
BNP Paribas CIB
Excellent and comprehensive course that covered a broad spectrum of subjects. Highly recommend to both NQs and experienced lawyers.