Championing sustainability at the Land & Development Conference
At the Land & Development Conference, we are committed to running events that are both environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. Here is a breakdown of how we are embedding sustainability in everything we do.
Faster Forward with Informa
FasterForward is Informa’s approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>
How are we building a sustainable event?
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aims...
We want the Land & Development Conference to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering well-being and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring our impacts
- Supporting sponsors and partners in donating to local and industry-related charities
The Land & Development Conference will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Reducing carbon footprint by purchasing renewable energy
- Encouraging attendees to bring reusable water bottles to fill from hydration stations associated with the event.
- Decomposable name badge holders and recycling lanyards
- Creating less waste by reducing printed programs and offering reusable giveaways from exhibitor stands and media partners
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event
Our aim is for the Land & Development Conference to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability initiatives of the real estate market
- Developing close partnerships with charities, companies, and associations and giving them a platform to promote their work in the field
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including ESG, sustainability, impact investing, diversity & inclusion, gender balance, & more.