Application Deadline 6th October 2023
Analyse, interpret and apply employment law in practice
In Partnership with Liverpool John Moores University
About this course
This LLM gives the student not only an in-depth study of Employment Law but also critical aspects of human resource management. This means that the HR professional gains a comprehensive knowledge of the law which influences HR policies and practices within a business, indeed their own workplace.
- Module 1 – Employment Law – An Introduction (20 credits)
- Module 2 – Arbitration (20 credits)
- Module 3 – Data Protection (20 credits)
- Module 4 – Civil Liberties in the Workplace (20 credits)
- Module 5 – Equal Opportunities (20 credits)
- Module 6 – Discrimination in the Workplace (10 credits)
- Module 7 – Research Methods (10 credits)
- Module 8 – Dissertation (60 credits)
When does it start and how long is the course?
Starts 23rd October 2023
- The Masters Law course is delivered over 24 months
Postgraduate Certificate – Modules 1-3
Postgraduate Diploma – Modules 1-7
Masters in Law – Modules 1-8
By completing this course, you will be able to...
- Identify an analytical and critical appreciation of practices within the field of employment law in context
- Critically examine international arbitration processes in resolving a legal dispute
- Review the classification of personal data, and the fundamental principles affecting data protection
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of the factors which determine the degree of legal protection for civil liberties in employment
- Identify and prioritise source materials needed for a proper understanding of Equal Opportunities and more!
Assessed by Liverpool John Moores University
- To successfully complete the course you must pass each module.
- Assessment will incorporate coursework, online examinations, research assignments and essays.
- You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students.
- There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
Get the Latest Event Updates
Achieve your LLM from anywhere in the world!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge