Application Deadline 6th October 2023
Learn the historical development of the legal regulation of the environment
In Partnership with Liverpool John Moores University
About this course
With experience being vital in today’s competitive job market, a postgraduate who has professional experience and theoretical knowledge will be highly regarded by employers. Designed with employability in mind, the LLM in Environmental Law and Practice is highly relevant in today’s competitive marketplace. With continual input from leading employers and professional bodies, we ensure that the course will equip you with the professional skills and practical experience that businesses are looking for.
- Module 1 – Environmental Law – An Introduction (20 credits)
- Module 2 – Alternative Dispute Resolution (20 credits)
- Module 3 – Environmental Permitting and Climate Change (20 credits)
- Module 4 – Environmental Assessments (20 credits)
- Module 5 – International Environmental Law (20 credits)
- Module 6 – Planning Law (10 credits)
- Module 7 – Research Methods (10 credits)
- Module 8 – Dissertation (60 credits)
When does it start and how long is the course?
Starts 23rd October 2023
- The Masters Law course is delivered over 24 months
Postgraduate Certificate – Modules 1-3
Postgraduate Diploma – Modules 1-7
Masters in Law – Modules 1-8
By completing this course, you will be able to...
- Analyse and provide solutions to common problems arising in international environmental law
- Scrutinise contemporary case studies and emerging case law applicable to arbitration
- A critical perspective on current environmental permitting and climate change regulatory systems.
- Illustrate an analytical and critical appreciation of practices within the environmental assessment field and more!
Assessed by Liverpool John Moores University
- To successfully complete the course you must pass each module.
- Assessment will incorporate coursework, online examinations, research assignments and essays.
- You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students.
- There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
Get the Latest Course Updates
Achieve your LLM from anywhere in the world!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge