About this food law LLM course
Food law is a dynamic area of law, heavily influenced by developments at an EU level. Over the years this course has recruited students from all over the globe and from many different backgrounds. A typical student may be an Environmental Health Officer, or work in the food industry, or a practising lawyer or a consultant. As such the LLM in Food Law is specifically designed for lawyers and non-legal professionals with interests in the food law field, particularly those involved in the food industry.
- Module 1 – Introduction to Food Law (20 credits)
- Module 2 – Food Sources Protection Law (20 credits)
- Module 3 – Food Consumer Protection Law (20 credits)
- Module 4 – Food Marketing Law (20 credits)
- Module 5 – Food Safety Law (20 credits)
- Module 6 – Consumer Law (10 credits)
- Module 7 – Research Methods (10 credits)
- Module 8 – Dissertation (60 credits)
When does it start and how long is the course?
Starts 24th October 2022
- The Masters Law course is delivered over 24 months
Postgraduate Certificate – Modules 1-3
Postgraduate Diploma – Modules 1-7
Masters in Law – Modules 1-8
By completing this course, you will be able to...
- Critically appraise the legislation and regulatory practices in the food law field
- Develop critical responses to food sources protection law, and the ability to apply them critically in a variety of contexts
- Undertake analysis of food consumer protection law, and the ability to apply it critically in a variety of contexts
- Incorporate the issues at the forefront of food marketing law, and the ability to apply them critically in a variety of contexts and more!
Assessed by Liverpool John Moores University
- To successfully complete the course you must pass each module.
- Assessment will incorporate coursework, online examinations, research assignments and essays.
- You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students.
- There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
Achieve your Food Law Masters from anywhere in the world!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge