Application Deadline 6th October 2023
Understand the principles and practice of International Dispute Resolution and the changing commercial contexts in which they operate
In Partnership with Liverpool John Moores University
About this course
The LLM in International Dispute Resolution has been designed in response to the growing demand for legal education within the dispute resolution setting. The course covers in extensive detail areas such as arbitration, international dispute settlement, dispute resolution procedure and investment arbitration. The modules not only focus on the core aspects around dispute resolution, it also encompasses the growing area of investment law and investment arbitration.
The aim of the course is to train professionals in a solid working knowledge of relevant national and international law as it applies in practice. The course provides a programme of postgraduate study which will develop your academic knowledge and awareness of issues in the dispute resolution arena.
- Module 1 – Introduction to Law and ADR (20 credits)
- Module 2 – Alternative Dispute Resolution (20 credits)
- Module 3 – International Dispute Resolution (IDR) (20 credits)
- Module 4 – WTO - Law and Disputes (20 credits)
- Module 5 – International Arbitration – Practice and Procedure (20 credits)
- Module 6 – International Investment Law (10 credits)
- Module 7 – Research Methods (10 credits)
- Module 8 – Dissertation (60 credits)
When does it start and how long is the course?
Starts 23rd October 2023
- The Masters Law course is delivered over 24 months
Postgraduate Certificate – Modules 1-3
Postgraduate Diploma – Modules 1-7
Masters in Law – Modules 1-8
By completing this course, you will be able to...
- Analyse and provide solutions to common problems arising in alternative dispute resolution
- Scrutinise contemporary case studies and emerging case law applicable to arbitration
- Critically assess the various bodies and methods providing international dispute resolution
- Critically appraise WTO dispute resolution methods in comparison to other dispute resolution methods and more!
Assessed by Liverpool John Moores University
- To successfully complete the course you must pass each module.
- Assessment will incorporate coursework, online examinations, research assignments and essays.
- You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students.
- There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
Get the Latest Course Updates
Achieve your LLM from anywhere in the world!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge