Delivered by distance learning over 24 months
Explore the birth of international human rights thinking and the struggle to balance competing rights
About this course
This innovative programme has been designed to provide the opportunity for the advanced study of Human Rights Law in an international context and use will be made throughout of case studies and cutting edge documentation providing you with thorough coverage of this fascinating area of law.
- Module 1 – Human Rights Law – An Introduction (20 credits)
- Module 2 – The European Convention on Human Rights (20 credits)
- Module 3 – International Law (20 credits)
- Module 4 – Freedom of Religion (20 credits)
- Module 5 – Protection of Refugees in International Law (20 credits)
- Module 6 – Social Justice (10 credits)
- Module 7 – Research Methods (10 credits)
- Module 8 – Dissertation (60 credits)
When does it start and how long is the course?
Starts 25th April 2022
- The Masters Law course is delivered over 24 months
Postgraduate Certificate – Modules 1-3
Postgraduate Diploma – Modules 1-7
Masters in Law – Modules 1-8
By completing this course, you will be able to...
- Analyse and critically appreciate the practices within the international legal system and its application within the international human rights legal institutions
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of the factors which have shaped the ECHR and the convention institutions
- Employ advanced skills of the potential conflicts between the underpinning philosophies and more!
Assessed by Liverpool John Moores University
- To successfully complete the course you must pass each module.
- Assessment will incorporate coursework, online examinations, research assignments and essays.
- You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students.
- There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
Achieve your LLM from anywhere in the world!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge