About this course
This course applies our staff expertise in medical law and ethics to issues that you will encounter in the workplace. You will be taught by staff with healthcare experience as well as backgrounds in law. Within the LLM programme, each student has the opportunity to develop his or her own interests with the freedom to choose from a range of module options.
- Module 1 – Medical Law and Ethics – An Introduction (20 credits)
- Module 2 – Medical Negligence (20 credits)
- Module 3 – Data Protection (20 credits)
- Module 4 – Mental Health (20 credits)
- Module 5 – Coroners Law (20 credits)
- Module 6 – Patient Safety (10 credits)
- Module 7 – Research Methods (10 credits)
- Module 8 – Dissertation (60 credits)
When does it start and how long is the course?
Starts 24th October 2022
- The Masters Law programme is delivered over 24 months
Postgraduate Certificate – Modules 1-3
Postgraduate Diploma – Modules 1-7
Master of Laws (LLM) – Modules 1-8
By completing this course, you will be able to...
- Identify a critical awareness of the factors which shape medical law
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of the factors which determine the degree of legal protection for medical negligence
- Analyse the principle data protection laws, and critically evaluate responsibility for their enforcement
- Undertake a critical awareness of the issues and problems raised by the use of Judicial Review and more!
Assessed by Liverpool John Moores University
- To successfully complete the course you must pass each module.
- Assessment will incorporate coursework, online examinations, research assignments and essays.
- You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students.
- There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
Achieve your LLM from anywhere in the world!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge