Business Design Centre,
Sustainability at LSX World Congress
LSX is committed to running events which are both environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. Learn more about our sustainability efforts and the steps you can take to make a difference below.
At LSX we believe that running all of our events responsibly, with consideration for the sustainability of our markets and our industry, can help us deliver better events, better business and a better world.
We aim to keep printed material to a minimum and provide information to all attendees digitally. We will have QR codes in several locations that can be easily scanned to pull up information.
This includes the event floor plan, promotional materials, session information, partnering and presentation schedules and any other relevant documentation.
Lanyards and Name Badges
Paper-only name badges without plastic holders will be administered at the event.
Furthermore, lanyards will be collected and fully recycled post-event. We do encourage all attendees to place their lanyards post event to the recycling boxes at the entrance.
Better Stand Program
As per our commitment to the evolution of the exhibition industry, we are moving away from the use of disposable exhibition booths. This will not only improve the ease and quality of the booths but it will also contribute to safety, as well as sustainability.
We encourage our exhibitors to minimise handouts by utilising our digital download QR code technology at their booths.
Encouraging Public Transport
We encourage delegates during their attendance to use public transport for their travel.
Visit our PLAN YOUR VISIT page for more information on ways to get around and to/from London.
We are proud to select the BDC as our event venue, a place where sustainability and community support are at the forefront. Their dedication to environmental responsibility and social engagement is truly inspiring. Here's a look at their key sustainability initiatives:
Community Engagement and Support - Established the Morris Charitable Trust in 1989 for local community groups and charities in Islington.
Environmental Sustainability Journey - Maintained carbon-neutral status for over thirteen years and reduced carbon emissions by 73% since 2018, aiming for net-zero by 2030.
B Corp Certification - Recently achieved B Corp certification, a testament to their commitment to high standards in social and environmental performance.
Food and Beverage
We are working with the event caterers to be as sustainable as possible. Their sustainability framework includes:
- Their suppliers deliver products especially food in reusable containers, this allows them to avoid packaging waste. Delivery batches are also merged in connection with multiple events
- Should disposable tableware be used, they have bio-degradable coffee-to-go cups
- We also aim to lower meat consumption by providing more vegetarian and vegan options
We aim to contribute to the industry in any way we can and this year is no different.
Company presentations will take place each day of the conference to ensure that all participating companies of all levels, geo and sizes have the opportunity to present their hard work and network with potential partners.
We also have panels and fireside chats that focus on leadership and management, as well as, key trends and leading company profiles.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION AT LSX WORLD CONGRESS
Our mission is to give our colleagues, the markets we serve, and our wider communities access to extraordinary people and diverse insights.
Through our live and data-driven digital services, we cultivate connections, provide meaningful content, and celebrate authenticity. We strive to create a safe and transparent environment where unique perspectives and all ideas can be shared and acknowledged.
We believe in sustainability and continuous learning as it strengthens our people, our products, and our markets. In order to be more, we must do more. Together, we will continue to listen, innovate, and act as a driver of change to build a business that reflects the communities we connect.
HOW ARE WE BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE EVENT?
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aspects...
We want to run LSX World Congress in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring those impacts
LSX World Congress will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Designing our events to eliminate waste
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event
Our aim for LSX World Congress is to promote long-term sustainable development — not only in the way we run the event, but also for the market in which we operate, committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the biotech, medtech and healthtech industries
- Developing close partnerships with relevant charities, companies and associations, and giving them a platform to promote their work in the field
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including: diversity & inclusion, gender balance, sustainability trends, the industry's impact on the environment and more
- Improving access to our events for young companies and the next generation of biotech, medtech and healthtech leaders
FASTERFORWARD TO ZERO
FasterForward is LSX World Congress' approach to sustainability — moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out by Informa and its partners between 2020-2025 will ensure our events continue to become more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers, and wider markets to achieve the same. Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Enable one million disconnected people to access networks and knowledge by 2025
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
CONTACT US AND SHARE YOUR STORY
Would you like to work with us on the sustainability of our event? Would you like to share your own story and efforts? Contact the event team or reach out to Informa’s sustainability team for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org