Masterclass in Bonds & Fixed Income training course
Learn how to
- Price fixed rate bonds at a glance - without using a calculator
- Price fixed rate bonds on your phone and in Excel
- Understand the relationship between fixed rate bonds and floating rate notes
- Determine whether bonds are cheap or expensive
- Use asset swaps as a pricing tool for credit risk
Case studies and practical sessions
Some of the featured deals will be less than 24 hours old when you see them, emphasising how the markets work today. Practical sessions include:
- Estimating the difference between semi-annual and annual rates at a glance
- Benchmarking corporate bonds to an interpolated curve
- Dynamically hedging a portfolio
- Using duration to calculate hedge ratios; curve trading
- Bond pricing in Excel
- Working out the term structure of interest rates
- Asset swap pricing and valuation
Good overview of the courses/markets and their users. The parts that I enjoyed most from the course were practical applications, stories from inside the business and historical content of bond pricing. The course compared far better than other courses I have previously attended.
Why choose IFF Training?
Learn from the best
- Track Record - we have been delivering expert training to the banking, finance and energy sectors since 1991
- Innovation - our courses are continually reviewed so you can be sure they are focusing on the most current issues
- Knowledge - all of our trainers are highly experienced practitioners and leading subject matter experts so you can be confident you are learning from the best
- Small Class Sizes - to aid learning and increase your personal interaction with the trainer
- Value - we provide a practical training experience with skills that can be used immediately to gain a tangible return on your investment
Why choose IFF?
BROADCAST YOUR ABILITIES WHERE YOU WANT, WHEN YOU WANT.
Receive a digital badge on completion of your Masterclass course!
Powered by Credly, your IFF Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your qualification.
- Make your achievements, a permanent, verifiable part of your Social Media profiles
- Add your badge to an email signature, resume, or website
- Send your badge directly to a colleague, a recruiter or your employer with a customisable email and more!
Proud to partner
IFF is the official learning partner of QuantMinds, the world's leading event series for quant professionals.
Engaging in Continuing Professional Development ensures that both academic and practical qualifications do not become out-dated or obsolete; allowing individuals to continually ‘up skill’ or ‘re-skill’, regardless of occupation, age or educational level. This course has been assessed and is CPD certified.