Mastering Financial Products and Derivatives
Learn how to
- Understand the underlying financial asset classes – equities (including ETFs), bonds, currencies and commodities
- Master global markets and platforms where financial instruments are traded
- Apply asset allocation and portfolio construction techniques
- Appreciate the essential characteristics of financial derivatives – swaps, futures, options and structured products
- Understand the mechanics and engineering principles behind the structuring of financial derivatives. The role of derivatives in hedging and risk management of a portfolio
- Be compliant in the regulatory environment, spot issues and ensure best practice in the application of derivatives to investment and trading
Case studies and practical sessions
- High Frequency Trading (HFT) and growth of alternative trading venues in US and Europe, dark pools
- UK gilt market, types of gilts, index linked gilts, role of GEMM’s, role of Debt Management Office, nature and trading of STRIPS
- The repo market and secured overnight financing rates
- SPAN technique for modelling maximum probable intraday risk
- Hedging an equity portfolio with option
- Credit Default Swaps, how they work and how they are quoted
Is this the course for you?
"This course has been more useful for me than other courses I've attended. It covered many topics that I deal with at work on a daily basis. The course data is very up to date!"
Past delegate, IFF Training
Watch expert trainer Clive Corcoran to find out more.
Why choose IFF Training
Learn from the best
- Track Record - we have been delivering expert training to the banking, finance and energy sectors since 1991
- Innovation - our courses are continually reviewed so you can be sure they are focusing on the most current issues
- Knowledge - all of our trainers are highly experienced practitioners and leading subject matter experts so you can be confident you are learning from the best
- Small Class Sizes - to aid learning and increase your personal interaction with the trainer
- Value - we provide a practical training experience with skills that can be used immediately to gain a tangible return on your investment
Your digital badge
BROADCAST YOUR ABILITIES WHERE YOU WANT, WHEN YOU WANT.
Receive a digital badge on completion of your Mastering Fintech, Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies course!
Powered by Credly, your IFF Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your qualification.
- Make your achievements, a permanent, verifiable part of your Social Media profiles
- Add your badge to an email signature, resume, or website
- Send your badge directly to a colleague, a recruiter or your employer with a customisable email and more!
Engaging in Continuing Professional Development ensures that both academic and practical qualifications do not become out-dated or obsolete; allowing individuals to continually ‘up skill’ or ‘re-skill’, regardless of occupation, age or educational level. This course has been assessed and is CPD certified.