Gain a Master of Business Engineering while in full-time employment
Choose between studying via online distance learning or via face to face lectures
In Partnership with Stuttgart University
MBE International Construction Practice and Law
- International standard forms – overview and comparison
- Introduction to construction and engineering terminology
- Legal systems and contract law
- Liability in construction contracts
- Procurement and tendering in construction
- Defects and damages
- Performance and completion and variations
- Private international law
- Project development
- Standard forms of contract – FIDIC
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and dispute adjudication boards (DAB)
- Delay and disruption
- International arbitration – practice and procedure
- Pricing and claim practice
- Construction contract review and drafting
- Techniques of project planning and types of construction contracts
Why this programme?
- The only International Construction Law Masters programme offered in mainland Europe
- A truly international construction Law course with an in-depth focus on both Common construction law AND Civil (English) construction law
- Numerous top-ranking lecturers from both academic and professional backgrounds
- Emphasis on international forms of construction contract (particularly FIDIC) and how they operate under the Civil and Common law
- Theory meets practice - in-depth analysis of differing legal systems and contracts, pricing and claim practice, delay and disruption and international construction arbitration
- Choose to complete the course by online distance learning or part-time, in-person at the university - either way you will be able to continue working while studying
Why Construction Law?
Day-to-day construction issues are changing and require greater legal understanding. It has become imperative for professionals such as lawyers, architects, and engineers in the industry to obtain specialised legal education to deal with increasing legal issues. For example, even before the project development and contract award phase, legal implications need to be considered together with economic and technical aspects. Understanding the complex legal framework is indispensable when negotiating contracts with participants in a construction project.
Thus contractors, engineers and suppliers who were traditionally not involved in legal matters are now expected to deal with contracts drafting, negotiation and implementation.
Hence there is a need for a specialised programme on international construction law bringing practice and theory together in the international construction industry.
Taught, assessed, and awarded by the University of Stuttgart
The University of Stuttgart is one of the most important universities with a science and engineering focus in Europe. Founded in 1829, the former College of Technology has grown into a research-intensive university with a unique profile that concentrates on closely networking the disciplines of Engineering and Natural Sciences with the Humanities and Social Sciences.
The excellent reputation of many study programmes attracts a global audience, with applicants representing more than 100 countries across the world.
Empowering you to achieve your LLM or Master's Degree from anywhere in the world!
Looking for a world renowned Digital Learning programme?
Boost your CV or gain a qualification in the Legal, Finance, Security, Terrorism or Maritime sectors with one of our Academic Programmes - 100% Online!
Why take an Informa Connect course?
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs