Postgraduate Certificate in Security Studies
Complete this PGCert in just 11 months. If you can't commit to an extensive period of study or are looking to upskill in a relatively short time frame, this is the perfect route!
It's also a great opportunity to test the waters of postgraduate study without making a long-term commitment.
When does it start and how long is the programme?
Your Postgraduate Certificate commences in September 2024 and is delivered over a period of 11 months.
Successful progression in the programme can qualify you to upgrade to the Postgraduate Diploma or the MSc.
What are the entry requirements?
- A relevant second-class honours degree or above or an overseas equivalent.
- Alternatively, a graduate level professional qualification of comparable standard and/or suitable work experience may be accepted.
- Proficiency in English.
English Language Requirements
Where English is a second language you will be required to demonstrate a minimum International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 or a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 575.
Course Format and Assessment
- To successfully complete the programme, students must pass each module.
- Assessments will incorporate coursework, research assignments and writing essays.
- There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
- You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students.
How You Will Learn
Each module uses a variety of learning tools combined into a varied, interactive programme with resources including:
- Detailed study guides
- Electronic documents, readings, case studies and coursework
- Pre-recorded lectures, asynchronous seminars and tutorials
- Traditional textbooks
- Online multimedia content
- Interactive discussion groups
The modules are made available to you following a schedule that allows you to work at your own pace but keep in sequence with the assessment requirements. Each module is broken into a series of units and lessons, making the content manageable and assisting with your time allocation throughout the programme.