What are the lessons learnt from CFOs and COOs in 2020? Watch our session recordings below, taken straight from SuperReturn CFO/COO 2020, for insights on how they dealt with the crisis, and how processes and relationships have changed as we enter a 'new normal'.
Successfully navigating the pandemic: lessons learned from CFOs and COOs
As the pandemic hit, CFOs and COOs were challenged with dealing with a crisis unlike before. In this session taken from SuperReturn CFO/COO 2020, our panelists discussed contingency plans that worked/did not work, and changes in practices that are here to stay.
- Tom Pittman, Managing Director, Chief Marketing Officer, EWM Global
- Kevin Early, European CFO, Ares Management
- Mike Dutton, Senior Adviser, Capital Group Private Markets
- Shaun Collins CFO, Europe and Asia, Apollo Global Management
- Robin Bailey, Partner & COO, Pantheon
How has risk management changed post-pandemic?
We re-visited risk management strategies and practices with our panel at SuperReturn CFO/COO 2020 and discussed the effectiveness of worse-case scenario plans, the lessons learnt in operations moving forward, and how risk management might need to change in anticipation of the next big event.
- Sally Dornaus, Managing Director & Chief Financial Officer, Bain Capital Credit
- Steve Darrington, Partner & CFO, Phoenix Equity Partners
- Melissa Dickerson, CFO and Managing Director, Operations, Genstar Capital
- Jon Freeman, Risk Partner, Coller Capital
What are the new best practices for portfolio company management post-pandemic?
How have CFOs and COOs effectively supported portfolio companies through the crisis? Our panel of CFOs and COOs at SuperReturn CFO/COO 2020 discusses how they helped guiding portfolio companies' teams during the pandemic, and the relationship between the two sides has changed from this experience.
- Klas Tikkanen, COO, Nordic Capital
- Paulina Pietkewicz, Partner, Director of Operations and CCO, Abris Capital
- Steven Dunne, CFO, Frog Capital
- Diana Meyel, CFO/COO, Cipio Partners