The Mechanics of International Trade Finance
Unit 1 - Introduction to International Trade Finance
Unit 2 - Collections, aval and forfaiting
Unit 3 - Documentary credits
Unit 4 - Specialist types of credit
Unit 5 - Demand guarantees and standby credits
Unit 6 - Structured trade finance
Unit 7 - Open account payments and their financing
Unit 8 - Commodity finance
What you’ll learn
- The foundations of trade finance
- The products and why and when they should be used
- The needs of the importer and exporter
- The risks that all parties are exposed to
- The trade documentation
- The difference between and trade services, trade finance and structured trade finance
- How structured trade finance and commodity finance enable banks to offer greater levels of financial support
- How to handle trade transactions
- How to support and offer the best solutions to your clients
Postgraduate certificate option
You have the option to receive a postgraduate certificate validated by Middlesex University Business School.
You will need to submit an additional marked assignment of 5000 words, based on a continuing case study that runs throughout the duration of the course.
How you’ll learn
- A new module is released every two weeks
- Read the units online, save them to your computer or print them out
- Study at your own pace
- Efficient and cost effective - no need to travel or take time off work
- Apply new skills and expertise to your work straight away
Is this the course for you?
Watch expert trainer Stephen Jones to find out more.
L. Da Silva
I invested in this course when I was out of work during the pandemic. The trainer, Stephen, was great and gave helpful feedback.