The Mechanics of Loan Documentation
Unit 1 - The Choice of Law, Enforcement, Contractual Interpretation, Secondary Lending
Unit 2 - Pre-requisites for the Enforcement of Contractual Rights
Unit 3 - The Key Clauses in a Loan Agreement
Unit 4 - The Syndicated Multicurrency Loan Agreement
Unit 5 - Guarantees and Letters of Comfort
Unit 6 - Security Under English Law
Unit 7 - Insolvency and Contractual Rights
Unit 8 - When the Borrower is a Special Purpose Vehicle
What you’ll learn
New tools and techniques to improve your negotiation skills
- How to identify areas of controversy that may need to be resolved in commercial negotiations
- Amendments that may be considered to reconcile borrower and lender positions with regards to differing objectives
- How to structure and administer the loan documents – including corporate loans, bilateral loans and syndicated loans
How loan agreements are typically set out and clarifies the legal effect of things such as Representations & Warranties
What happens when companies get into financial difficulties - the process and considerations involved in loan workout
Postgraduate certificate option
You have the option to receive a postgraduate certificate validated by Middlesex University Business School.
You will need to submit an additional marked assignment of 5000 words, based on a continuing case study that runs throughout the duration of the course.
How you’ll learn
- A new module is released every two weeks
- Read the units online, save them to your computer or print them out
- Study at your own pace
- Efficient and cost effective - no need to travel or take time off work
- Apply new skills and expertise to your work straight away
Is this the course for you?
Watch expert Richard Capps to find out more.