The Mechanics of Real Estate Finance course
Unit 1 - Introduction to Real Estate Investment and Development
Unit 2 - Real Estate Finance
Unit 3 - Real Estate Valuation
Unit 4 - Real Estate Investment Structure and Method
Unit 5 - Indirect Real Estate Investment
Unit 6 - Real Estate Development 1
Unit 7 - Real Estate Development 2
Unit 8 - Real Estate Modelling and Risk
Unit 9 - Real Estate Sales and Marketing
Unit 10 - Real Estate Risk Management
What you’ll learn
- How to value real estate cashflows, develop sinking funds, tax and lease calculations
- How to use in detail the three main valuation techniques used in real estate valuation
- How to develop a detailed understanding of the contracts that form crucial elements of real estate development investment, especially construction, lease, insurance, and consultancy contracts
- How to develop, manage and compare hypothetical real estate portfolios, assessing their performance and liquidity
- How real estate development works in detail, focusing on land, economics, management and strategy
- To analyse and evaluate a range of real estate models across different sectors
- To critically evaluate material related to real estate marketing
- How to develop the ability to present a strategic risk report for all types of real estate development and investment
Postgraduate certificate option
You have the option to receive a postgraduate certificate validated by Middlesex University Business School.
You will need to submit an additional marked assignment of 5000 words, based on a continuing case study that runs throughout the duration of the course.
How you’ll learn
- A new module is released every two weeks
- Read the units online, save them to your computer or print them out
- Study at your own pace
- Efficient and cost effective - no need to travel or take time off work
- Apply new skills and expertise to your work straight away
Is this the course for you?
Watch expert trainer, Julian Roche, to find out more.