We're committed to running events which are both environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. From dedicated debates on the agenda, to radical changes in the way we build our exhibition - here is a breakdown of how we are embedding sustainability in everything we do.
How are we going further?
More sustainable event delivery
We are minimising the use of printed documents at the event with delegate packs being available digitally, making document packs not only more environmentally friendly but also easier to store and use after the event.
To further minimise our environmental impact, all food served at the conference will be vegetarian.
Working closely with the event venue
We are working closely with our event venue, to ensure that we make the most environmentally friendly choices at the venue.
This hotel has been awarded a Green Stay Label and is among the most efficient hotels in the area, based on its environmental footprint.
More sustainable travel to the event
Attending the conference allows you to consolidate your travel requirements by providing the opportunity to meet everyone you need to, in one place.
We are encouraging our colleagues, speakers and delegates to choose more environmentally friendly travel options. Travel across Europe by train has never been easier so please do check Rail Europe and Eurostar for the best options.
Informa's sustainability highlights & recognition
Our sustainability strategy and performance is regularly evaluated by various independent research agencies, analysts and partners.
- 5,500 colleagues received Data Driven Green Belt Certification
- 32% of candidates told us they were greatly influenced by our sustainability programme when applying for a job at Informa (2022 survey of 138,000 applicants)
- 94% of paper certified as sustainably sourced
- 5 of our major offices have a green certification (BREEAM or LEED)
- 700 pieces of furniture donated to charity
- 100+ laptops donated to organisations such as the Reading Ukrainian School, which is attended by children that have fled the war
Informa’s 2022 ESG Ranking:
- MSCI: AA (Leader)
- Sustainanalytics: 9.3 (Negligible Risk)
- ISS ESG: 90% (industry percentile)
- Dow Jones: 100% (industry percentile)
- S&P Sustainability Award: Top 10%
- CDP: A-
Fasterforward to zero
AFME are partnering with Informa to deliver the AFME Sustainable Finance Conference.
FasterForward is Informa’s approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.
Informa's FasterForward commitments include:
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more.