24 -25 April 2024
11th Annual Africa Sugar Conference
Uncover new markets for sugar and new revenue streams
Africa's premier gathering for the sugar and ethanol industry
Secure your competitive edge in the African and global sugar and ethanol markets. Industry leaders will present their ambitions and sustainability initiatives; discover new trade opportunities and the optimum production methods to increase yields and diversify sugar outputs.
Network with sugar and ethanol industry leaders
The Africa Sugar conference and the Sugar & Ethanol Africa conference are coming together to bring you one bigger and better event, covering sugar and ethanol industry developments, trade and the diversification of the African sugar industry. Attend and benefit from networking with the top players and industry heavyweights of the industry, including: government authorities, traders, millers and refiners, banks and investors, and technology providers.
- Deep dive into global market movements and its implications for Africa
- Special coverage of intra-African trade and its impact on the sugar industry
- Africa sugar market developments and the next frontier
- Strategic sugar industry insights
- Key drivers for moving beyond sugar into a sugarcane biorefinery
- Producing more than sugar - ethanol, electricity, pellets, biochemicals, and bionutrients, food grade carbon dioxide
- Opportunities and challenges for ethanol production
- Cogeneration policy support needed
Trading sugar & ethanol
- Hear from top sugar and ethanol traders on how the macro economic landscape is changing investments and sugar prices.
- Find out how Africa’s major sugar markets are positioning themselves in global market
- Trade agreements and export market dynamics
- Sugar and ethanol price projections and hedging strategies
- Harness new opportunities in Africa sugar markets from digitalising sugar production
- Capitalise on impactful sustainable sugar production
- Sugar financing and investments
- Pricing and supply chain
- Spotlight on Africa’s sugar value chains; country-specific insights and developments
- Sustainable sugarcane-based agriculture could play an important role in the economic development of Africa.
- Sustainable cane production and commercial best practices
- Sustainability, sugar tech and digitalisation - What is the current development in the region?
- The influence of irrigation technologies on commercial farming, small holders and rural communities
Increase your yield
- Best practices for efficiency and production
- Sugar tech in the spotlight
- Creating new markets
- Continued focus on sugar diversification, with a deeper look at the roadmap for ethanol and co-generation
Abdul Rasheed Olayiwola
Very enriching and always informative. It keeps one abreast of the developments in the sugar industry in Africa.