STARTUP SPOTLIGHT AT BIO-EUROPE
This exciting competition offers entrepreneurs an affordable opportunity to engage with top-tier investors and other important players in the biotech industry to take their business to the next level.
First place winner will walk away with EUR 8,000 towards their company and will be shortlisted for Bayer’s brand new Co.Lab Incubator. See full list of prizes below.
Startup Spotlight 2023 Winner
Congratulations to the Startup Spotlight 2023 winner, PannTheraPi.
PannTheraPi is an innovative pharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of innovative drugs, aiming for better efficacy and tolerance than current ones for the treatment of brain and nervous diseases.
Thank you to Bayer for sponsoring the competition, and to all our other finalists and entries.
Selected companies will have the opportunity to make a 6-minute pitch and participate in a live feedback session with a panel of judges of leading investors, pharma dealmakers, and biotech business key opinion leaders who will evaluate the pitches and select the winner onsite in Munich, Germany
Pitching Criteria & Fee
Applications can be submitted by companies that meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Company created in the past three years, or innovation incubated within a company for a maximum of three years
- Developing new therapeutic solutions, technology and digital platforms
- Working in therapeutic areas that include: Cardiovascular, Cell & Gene, Oncology, Immunology, Neurology and Rare Diseases, Radiology, Digital Health
- Aggregate funding of €10 million or less
- Company with less than 25 employees
Pitch fee: €195.00*
*Qualifying criteria must be met for this rate
If selected to present, you will receive additional steps to claim your complimentary BIO-Europe registration and submit payment to secure your presentation slot.
Winners will receive
Panel of judges will evaluate the pitches and select the winners.
First place winner will receive:
- €8,000 prize towards the company.
- Short listing for Bayer´s brand new Co.Lab incubator in Berlin (opening Q2 2024) state-of-the art- incubator.
- Access to Bayer´s Co.Lab Mentoring program (one-to-one mentoring sessions, digital participation possible, starting Q2 2024).
- Access to Bayer´s BOOST program (global digital mentoring and exchange sessions via Bayer´s Collaborate to Cure Hubs).
- A complimentary registration to attend a future EBD Group event.
Second place winner will receive:
- €2,000 prize towards the company.
This year's Judges and Moderator
Startup Spotlight at BIO-Europe Sponsor
Hear from Bayer—Startup Spotlight Sponsor
CEO & Founder
Founder at Innovation Forum
Startup competitions are really important in Europe to present what’s new, what innovations are in the labs, and this kind of competitions with the support of EBD events are really important to give them the step towards success.