Mark Your Calendar for BPI US West 2024!
March 11-14, 2024,
Town and Country Resort, San Diego
CHAMPIONING SUSTAINABILITY AT BIOPROCESS INTERNATIONAL
At BPI US West, we are committed to running events which are both environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. From the innovative ways we interact onsite to the radical changes in the way we build our exhibition - here is a breakdown of how we are embedding sustainability in everything we do.
HOW ARE WE BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE EVENT AND HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Our event guide is delivered in a 100% digital format via our ConnectMe App. Look out for signs around the venue to download the App and take part in our Passport Program to visit exhibit booths and win prizes!
Lanyards and Badges
We will be using a TerraCycle Zero Waste Box to recycle used lanyards and badges after the event. Don’t forget to drop off your badge and lanyard off before you leave.
Food and Beverage
The San Diego Convention Center sources food locally, and all plates and utensils are compostable! We will be reducing bottled water consumption by offering hydration stations with fruit flavored water and plan water. Watch out for recycle bins and make sure you do your part! Any unserved food from BPI West is being donated to the San Diego Food Bank.
Our Global Learning Scholarship Program (GLSP) provides opportunities for scientists, researchers, pharmaceutical, and medical device professionals from low- and middle-income countries to access the latest ideas, science, technology and partnerships to make a positive impact on fighting global disease.
As part of our continued commitment to the sustainability of our event, 100% of the electricity within BPI West is generated from a renewable origin. This results in our electricity use being carbon neutral, minimizing the creation of CO2, and therefore significantly reducing our carbon impact.
San Diego Rescue Mission: Hygiene Kits
We have partnered with San Diego Rescue mission to create hygiene kits for those in need. Visit us in Ballroom 20 Foyer to help build a hygiene kit and get involved!
Attendee Fun Run [March 1 @ 6:30am]
All attendees are encouraged to participate in our scenic 5k run (3.1 miles) along the San Diego waterfront. This will be a casual scenic run with staff on hand to accompany runners of all abilities.
FASTERFORWARD TO ZERO
FasterForward is BPI US West's approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Enable one million disconnected people to access networks and knowledge by 2025
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>
HOW ARE WE BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE EVENT?
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aims...
We want BPI US West to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring our impacts
- Supporting sponsors and partners in donating to local and industry-related charities
BPI US West will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Designing our events to eliminate waste
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event
Our aim is for BPI US West to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the bioprocessing industry
- Developing close partnerships with relevant charities, companies and associations and giving them a platform to promote their work in the field
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including diversity & inclusion, gender balance, sustainability trends, the impact on the environment & more.