Certificate in Big Data in Shipping
- Module 1 - Introduction to Big Data and Data Management
- Module 2 - Big Data and Shipping
- Module 3 - Big Data and Ship Operations in Practice
- Module 4 - Data Collation, Storage and Management
- Module 5 - Big Data Issues in Shipping
- Module 6 - Big Data: The Future
What you'll learn
- Explore the concept of Big Data and its impact on modern-day practices.
- Understand how Big Data can be utilised to optimise energy management and ship efficiency and thus improve ship operations
- Delves into the core issues of data storage, management and processes as it applies to shipping.
- Analyse Big Data issues, such as cybercrime, data protection, data transfer and GDPR.
- Examine future applications for Big Data in shipping - what could Big Data do for the industry and could it solve problems as of now unenvisaged?
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs