Certificate in Cargo Surveying
- Module 1 – General Principles of Cargo Surveying
- Module 2 – Conducting Cargo Surveys
- Module 3 – Stowage and Securing of Cargoes
- Module 4 – Characteristics and Particular Issues of Non-Liquid Cargoes
- Module 5 – Characteristics and Particular Issues of Liquid Cargoes
- Module 6 – Marine Insurance
Why this course?
This certificate will benefit any professional involved in the carriage of goods by sea because it not only defines and explains the role of the cargo surveyor, but it provides the essential knowledge of cargo characteristics, stowage and securing techniques and marine insurance which are so central to shipping.
Whether new to cargo surveying or in need of a refresher, this is the perfect solution to your training needs.
The Certificate in Cargo Surveying is ideal for those planning to start or specialise in the area, who are looking for key knowledge relating to how different types of cargo are carried, as well as appreciation of the principle responsibilities and skills of the Cargo Surveyor.
The programme is also invaluable for those who, while not practically involved in surveying, work in maritime trade, transport, or insurance, who would benefit from a grounding in the expertise which allows cargo surveyors to play such an integral role in the global carriage of goods.
Your digital badge
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy digital badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your award, demonstrated skills and what it took to obtain your certificate qualification.
Also, your digital badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
Captain Cliff Brand
Bsc (Hons), DipMarSur MNI MBA
Your course director, Captain Cliff Brand started his career in the British Merchant Navy before joining the UK's Marine Accident Investigation Branch as a Nautical Inspector. His career has spanned national organisations and private companies, and he has worked across Europe and the Middle East. He is currently the CEO for Ras Al Khaimah Ports in the United Arab Emirates and holds an MBA from Middlesex University in Shipping & Logistics.
100% online – learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
In partnership with...
...the Society of Consulting Marine Engineers and Ship Surveyors (SCMS)
- Receive 50% off SCMS membership fee for new members who have completed the Certificate in Cargo Surveying in the year of application
- Receive 20% off SCMS membership for existing members who have completed the Certificate in Cargo Surveying as part of their CPD in the year of doing the course
Visit website for more information.