Certificate in Chartering Online Course
- Module 1 – Introduction, Market Context and Broking
- Module 2 – Time Charterparties I – Introduction and Owners’ Issues
- Module 3 – Time Charterparties II – Charterer Issues
- Module 4 – Time Charterparties III – Ports and Performance
- Module 5 – Voyage Charterparties I – Introduction and Owners’ Obligations
- Module 6 – Voyage Charterparties II – Charterers’ Obligations
- Module 7 – Voyage Charterparties III - Laytime and Demurrage
- Module 8 – Conflict, Interaction and Resolution
What you'll learn
With the danger of reduced profits or even significant losses being incurred by errors in the drafting or understanding of a charterparty – can you afford to not be fully informed?
The Certificate in Chartering is a fascinating course designed to give all those involved with these crucial contracts a practical, commercial and legal grounding in charterparties.
Compiled by specialists, the carefully structured study modules of the Certificate in Chartering programme highlight all the important issues and pitfalls, and discuss legal and practical solutions to problems, plus how to avoid them by good planning.
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy digital badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your award, demonstrated skills and what it took to obtain your certificate qualification.
Also, your digital badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
100% online – learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
CISN Shipping Group
"This is a chartering course intended to set you up for success."
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge