Delivered by digital learning over 12 weeks
Study best practice in the operation, management and commercial dynamics of container terminals
Benefit from a thorough understanding of the complex layout, equipment, operations, management and commercial aspects of container terminals
Certificate in Container Terminal Operations & Management
- Module 1 - Introduction to the Container Business and the Role of Container Terminals
- Module 2 - Types of Containers and Container Ships
- Module 3 - Container Terminal Characteristics
- Module 4 - Container Terminal Operations
- Module 5 - HSSE Management of Terminals
- Module 6 - Commercial and Financial Aspects of Container Terminal Operations
What you'll learn
- Understanding of how the container business has evolved and continues to dominate maritime transportation innovation.
- Examine the different types and characteristics of containers used in the global transportation of a variety of goods, and examines the characteristics and the growing sizes of container ships.
- Analyse the infrastructure,configuration and layout of a container terminal.
- Explores the different elements of container terminal operations and the full cycle of ship, yard and gate activities.
- Appraise some of the key Health Safety Security & Environmental issues in container terminals and how they are managed.
- Understand the sources of revenue for a container terminal; understand the typical cost structure of container terminal operations
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs