NOW AVAILABLE ON DEMAND!
Scheduled: Course Starts 17 June 2024, 12 weeks
On-Demand: Start Now!
Learn key knowledge on diffusing disputes and maximising charter profits
Understand the difference between profit or loss; conciliation or litigation; success or failure in trade deals and chartering enterprises.
NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COURSE?
If you have questions or you would like to talk to one of our Education Consultants, get in touch! Contact +44 (0) 20 8052 2710 for extra details.
Certificate in Laytime and Demurrage
- Module 1 - Laytime and Demurrage Introduction and Context
- Module 2 - Defining Laytime
- Module 3 - Calculating Laytime
- Module 4 - Demurrage, Detention and Despatch
- Module 5 - Calculating Demurrage
- Module 6 - Laytime, Demurrage and Despatch in Practice
What you'll learn
- Different types of chartering: time,voyage and bareboat
- The complications that may occur in the commencement of laytime
- How to recognize fundamental differences between dry cargo and tanker laytime
- The fundamentals of contract law related to demurrage, damages of detention, despatch and deadfreight
- The difference between theory and its application to practices at all stages of a shipping adventure (from negotiation stage to the follow up/performing of a voyage)
- Analysing charter party clauses and documents required for calculations
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs