Certificate in Maritime Disputes & Arbitration
- Module 1 - Types of Marine Disputes, Claims and Approaches to Resolution
- Module 2 - The Legal Framework: Maritime Disputes and Litigation
- Module 3 - Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Module 4 - Maritime Arbitration
- Module 5 - Designing an Arbitration Regime
- Module 6 - Arbitration Procedures
What you'll learn
Disagreements can arise at any stage of the maritime cycle, from newbuilding and repairs to salvage, pollution, bunker and cargo claims. Charterparties are also a major source of disputes.
The key to resolving disputes effectively is to understand the range of options available, from informal meetings all the way up to litigation. With the aim of avoiding complex and costly legal proceedings where unnecessary, this course familiarises you with the alternatives, including negotiation and mediation.
There is a special focus on arbitration, being one of the primary methods of dispute resolution used in the maritime industry.
Who is it for?
The course will be of value to shipping industry entrants, and as a refresher to those wanting to consolidate or update their knowledge. It will also benefit those needing to learn more about the legal and practical implications of maritime disputes to advance their career.
The certificate also represents a solid foundation for higher studies in the fields of chartering, arbitration, maritime law and international trade.
Your Digital Badge
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy digital badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your award, demonstrated skills and what it took to obtain your certificate qualification.
Also, your digital badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
100% online – learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge