Delivered by digital learning over 12 weeks (Part-time)
Understand environmental issues and related management in the maritime sector
Study the principles underpinning maritime environmental management and associated issues of management strategy, compliance and enforcement.
Certificate in Maritime Environmental Management
- Module 1 – Introduction to Maritime Environmental Management
- Module 2 – Environmental Impacts Associated with Maritime Operations
- Module 3 – Risk and Precaution in Maritime Environmental Management
- Module 4 – Maritime Environmental Governance and Enforcement
- Module 5 – Planning Tools with Maritime Applications
- Module 6 – Measuring and Paying for Maritime Environmental Management
What you'll learn
- The nature of the marine environment with regard to ecology and biodiversity
- The environmental impacts associated with ports and port-related activities
- The different risk control options with respect to maritime environmental management, including Marine Protected Areas
- The key organizations involved in the global governance of MEM
- The role and effectiveness of environmental management systems as a mechanism for site specific environmental control
- Different approaches to measuring the effectiveness of maritime environmental management
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs