Delivered by digital learning over 14 weeks
Learn the fundamentals of ship recycling and the role it plays within sustainability
Develop an understanding of end-of-life policies, the whole recycling supply chain process, the effects that ship recycling has upon sustainability and the commercial aspects for your company.
Certificate in Ship Recycling
- Module 1 - The Global Ship Recycling Industry
- Module 2 - Introduction to Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM) as per MEPC 269 (68)
- Module 3 - Development of Ship Recycling Facility Plan (SRFP) as well as Ship-Specific Recycling Plan (SRP)
- Module 4 - Ship Recycling Process and Risk Assessment
- Module 5 - Hazardous Waste Management
- Module 6 - Health, Safety and Environmental Monitoring of the Ship Recycling Process
- Module 7 - Carbon Footprinting of the Ship Recycling Process
What you'll learn
- The global ship recycling industry, its history, locations of ship recycling yards, and the material recovered and waste generated from the process
- The IHM, its requirements, and how to understand an IHM report
- How to prepare a SRFP and a SRP as per the regulations
- The process of ship recycling, from landing/inter-tidal landing to the complete recycling, as well as the risk assessment of the work involved in ship recycling
- Hazardous waste management, and its SOPs
- The best practices for the EHS monitoring of the recycling process
- Explore the carbon footprint of the process, as well as look at responsible ship recycling and CSR
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
100% Online - Learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs