NOW AVAILABLE ON DEMAND!
Scheduled: Course Starts 24 April 2024, 12 weeks
On-Demand: Start Now!
Study the legal frameworks behind international shipping, trade and transport
Develop your knowledge of the international regulatory and contractual frameworks that underpin the maritime industry
NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COURSE?
If you have questions or you would like to talk to one of our Education Consultants, get in touch! Contact +44 (0) 20 8052 2710 for extra details.
Certificate in Maritime Law and Shipping Contracts
- Module 1 - Function, Scope and Context of Maritime Law
- Module 2 - Carriage of Goods by Sea, Charterparties, Bills of Lading - Applicable Instruments and Standard Contracts
- Module 3 - Marine Insurance and International Contracts of Sale
- Module 4 - Admiralty Jurisdiction and Enforcement of Maritime Claims
- Module 5 - Salvage, General Average, Towage, Ports and Pilotage, Collisions and Limitation of Liability
- Module 6 - Dispute Resolution, Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Techniques including Commercial Mediation
What you'll learn
- The interactions of national legal systems in this field and the importance of English law
- The contractual frameworks with existing regulations and selective leading case law
- The correlations between marine insurance and other related areas e.g. credit system and international contracts of sale
- The solutions adopted by foreign jurisdictions and grasp the problem of competing jurisdictions and conflicts of laws
- The contribution of selected classic authorities to the legal treatment of the above-mentioned concepts
- The legal framework governing arbitration and alternative dispute resolution with the ways of access to courts
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy digital badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your award, demonstrated skills and what it took to obtain your certificate qualification.
Also, your digital badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
Eduardo Jorge Faz
Legal Director and Manager
Naviga Offshore Services
"An excellent course to start in deepening our knowledge of maritime law, and also incredible openness and receptiveness of the course director to tutor, inform, and clear any doubts regarding the material."
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs