Delivered by digital learning over 12 weeks
Our Petroleum Economics course covers the A to Z of upstream, midstream and downstream in the oil and gas industry
Get to grips with the rationale of investment or disinvestment decisions, corporate strategy and valuing assets, portfolios or organisations.
Certificate in Petroleum Economics Online Course
- Module 1 – Cash Flow Components and Economic Indicators
- Module 2 – Upstream Petroleum Economics
- Module 3 – Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Economics
- Module 4 – Managing and Mitigating Uncertainty and Risk
- Module 5 – Sensitivities, Simulations and Decision Analysis
- Module 6 – Valuing Petroleum Assets, Portfolios and Companies
What you'll learn
- The generic issues of micro-economic analysis applicable to all sectors of the oil and gas supply chain.
- Integrate economic, technical and fiscal analysis in order to value upstream oil and gas assets and make decisions on upstream investments
- Midstream (transportation and storage) and downstream petroleum project economics require different approaches to the upstream sector
- How cash flow analysis can be adjusted for risk and uncertainty
- Techniques that recognize that many potential economic outcomes are possible for each asset depending upon technical, commercial and fiscal uncertainties
- How oil and gas assets are valued
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs