NOW AVAILABLE ON DEMAND!
Scheduled: 17 January 2024, 12-week course
On-Demand: Start Now!
Gain the essential tools needed to carry out a proper marine survey on pleasure vessels
An online course providing sufficient knowledge and understanding of the regulatory and technical aspects of leisure vessels.
Certificate in Pleasure Vessel Surveying
- Module 1 - An Introduction to Pleasure Vessel Surveying
- Module 2 - Naval Architecture and Stability
- Module 3 - Types of Pleasure Craft and Construction Materials
- Module 4 - Statutory Regulations
- Module 5 - Maintenance, Surveys and Safety Equipment
- Module 6 - Conducting a Survey
What you'll learn about:
- The regulatory and technical aspects of leisure vessels so you are confident to fulfil your particular surveying needs
- The role of the marine surveyor in the pleasure craft industry
- Approved and non-approved modifications to pleasure craft
- The code of practice for the safety of small vessels in commercial use for sport or pleasure operating from a nominated departure point (NDP) (red)
- Safety equipment on board pleasure vessels
- The scope of survey, rather than be provided by the scope by a statutory body
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs