Certificate in Ship Management
- Module 1 - Introduction to Sale and Purchase, Parties, Roles and Contracts
- Module 2 - The Shipbroker and Formation of the Sale and Purchase Contract
- Module 3 - The Memorandum of Agreement Part I: Details, Descriptions, Price and Inspections
- Module 4 - The Memorandum of Agreement Part II: Delivery, Documentation, Physical
- Module 5 - Condition & Dispute Resolution Choices
- Module 6 - Further Contract Terms and Different Forms of Ship Sale
- Module 7 - Managing Difficulties, Performance Guarantees and Ship Recycling
What you'll learn
Ships number amongst the largest and most expensive moveable structures made by man. The process of their sale and purchase reflects this fact; there is a particular need for commercial precision.
The ship sale and purchase market is cyclical, and at times volatile. Trading conditions for ship sale and purchase, whether generally or for ships in specific sectors, can change quickly in response to global economic conditions. Where a market trend occurs in the time between signing a contract and completing the sale, one party or the other will have a commercial interest in escaping from the contract.
During this course we will develop a knowledge and understanding of ship sale and purchase, of the commercial aspects to enable effective negotiation, of the processes and of the legal framework that provides the “rules”.
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy digital badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your award, demonstrated skills and what it took to obtain your certificate qualification.
Also, your digital badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
100% online – learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge