Delivered by digital learning over 12 weeks.
Our transport logistics course covers the day-to-day operations of transport logistics within the global strategic framework
Learn all aspects of freight transport, as well as how they fit into the broader logistics function.
Certificate in Transport Logistics Online Course
- Module 1 – Introducing Trade and Transport Logistics and the Supply Chain
- Module 2 – Managing Freight Transport, Modes, Rates and Best Practice
- Module 3 – Managing the Commercial Aspects of International Trade
- Module 4 – Using Customs Tariffs During Export, Transit and Import
- Module 5 – Evaluating Legal Aspects and Liabilities
- Module 6 – Considering Other Aspects of the Freight Chain
What you'll learn
- Examine its role in trade and how this is then connected to the business concept of supply chain management.
- Explore the methods used in transport, along with the various ways that freight charges are calculated.
- Examine the many and varied commercial aspects of international trade, such as Incoterms, payments and documentation.
- Analyse the important regulations of Customs authorities. In doing this, for foundation building purposes, we will mainly use the UK Customs rules as these regulations share many aspects with other countries.
- Understand the legal practices covering contract law, agents/principal relationships and transport carrier liabilities, before concluding by looking at arranging marine/cargo insurance and terms and conditions.
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.