Delivered by digital learning over 12 months
Our Chartering Business Diploma course will deepen your knowledge of all the aspects of Chartering
Gain a comprehensive and practical understanding of the chartering business analytics
Delivered in partnership with North Kent College
NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COURSE?
If you have questions or you would like to talk to one of our Education Consultants, get in touch! Contact +44 (0) 20 8052 2710 for extra details.
Diploma in Chartering Business Online Course
- Module 1 – Introduction to the Business of Chartering
- Module 2 – Operational Aspects of Chartering
- Module 3 – Financial Aspects of Chartering
- Module 4 – Commercial Aspects of Chartering
- Module 5 – Contractual Aspects of Chartering - Charterparties
- Module 6 – Contractual Aspects of Chartering - Bills of Lading
- Module 7 – Legal Aspects of Chartering
- Module 8 – Economic Aspects of Chartering - Voyage Estimations
- Module 9 – Economic Aspects of Chartering - Laytime Calculations
- Module 10 – Managerial Aspects of Chartering
- Module 11 – Case Study
What you'll learn
- Discuss chartering terminology and the crucial role of charterparties and bills of lading in carriage of goods by sea.
- Explain the commercial and operational background to the chartering business on a general economic, pre-fixture, fixture and post-fixture basis.
- Discuss chartering negotiations, the risks and liabilities arising from chartering vessels and innovative commercial management techniques.
- Explain the obligations and rights of shipowners and charterers in different types of charter, and perform critical chartering calculations.
- Interpret psychology and buying behaviour of charterers and shippers, appraise the chartering policy of shipowners and appreciate the role of shipping marketing in the improvement of chartering policy.
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs