Ships and vessels are complex to operate; every vessel needs someone on board who can understand engines and machinery. Further your engineering knowledge while working full-time with our prestigious online Diploma in Marine Engineering, delivered in partnership with North Kent College.
This 12-month professional development programme explores the essential industrial legislation, safe operating practices, the concepts of ship design and naval architecture including various considerations for optimal performance at sea.
Who will benefit from studying this course:
- Naval architects, design coordinators, purchasing professionals, sales managers and logistics personnel
- Marine surveyors, fleet or vessel superintendents and HSSE personnel needing to develop their engineering knowledge
- Project managers, coordinators and production supervisors involved in vessel design, build, modification, repair or scrapping
- Insurance and claims executives, and legal and financial professionals working in the maritime sector
- Seagoing deck officers wishing to develop and widen their professional seagoing knowledge or to prepare for a career ashore
- Maritime professionals looking to develop technical understanding of engineering theories and mechanical principles
Log into your existing or create an Informa Connect account to download the latest course prospectus. Once logged in, you will have unrestricted access to all Lloyd's Maritime Academy content (across the entire course portfolio).