Delivered by digital learning over 12 months
Our Marine Engineering course will educate you in the principles and practices of the discipline
Gain a firm understanding of the key principles of marine engineering, ship systems and engineering practice plus related legislation and operating practices.
Marine Engineering Diploma
- Module 1 – Marine Engineering in Context: Maritime Transport; Ships and Machinery
- Module 2 – Science that Supports Marine Engineering Practice
- Module 3 – Naval Architecture: Hydrostatics, Stability and Ship Design
- Module 4 – Power Generation and Control: Electro-technology, Electronics and Control Engineering
- Module 5 – Thermodynamics: Heat Engine Principles
- Module 6 – Fuel and Marine Propulsion Design
- Module 7 – Auxiliary and Ancillary Machinery and Systems
- Module 8 – Propulsion, Ship Operations and Future Developments
- Module 9 – Combining Maintenance with Statutory Surveys
- Module 10 – Marine Engineering Practice, Safety and the Environment
- Case Study: Design a Ship from Basic Principles
What you'll learn
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- The marine engineers required knowledge of associated international laws and conventions
- The science behind the practice of marine engineering Ship design principles, operations, maintenance and surveys
- Propulsion designs and future developments
- Power generation and thermodynamics Auxiliary and ancillary machinery systems and layout
- The marine engineer’s awareness of operating in a safe and efficient manner
- Consideration for and the legal requirements covering the environment
- Undertake a vessel design specification combining the necessary legislation, structural and engineering considerations
Assessed and awarded by North Kent College
Delivered in partnership between the National Maritime Training Centre at North Kent College and Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, the course continues to be the ideal professional development course for existing ship managers, prospective ship managers and for those who work alongside the ship management sector.
MBA (Marine Engineering) – Diploma Continuation
The Diploma in Marine Engineering has been academically assessed to provide 60 credits of prior learning accreditation towards a unique MBA delivered in partnership between Lloyd's Maritime Academy and Middlesex University.
100% Online – Learn from wherever you are
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd’s Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs