This Diploma is designed to give students a deeper understanding of marine insurance. The syllabus covers major issues in marine insurance in more depth than a short course.
It also deals with legal and practical aspects of marine insurance and examines coverage under widely used standard terms for each risk type, as well as the standard exclusions that can be expected to be found within each class of marine business. It is designed to enable participants to enhance their ability to analyse and solve marine insurance problems, and it will enable students to:
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of legal rules and principles relating to marine insurance;
- Understand the main policies and values underpinning the law relating to marine insurance;
- Apply marine insurance law principles in the solution of practical problems;
- Engage in independent research by using primary and secondary sources;
- Enhance a range of transferable skills that will be of value in professional career/employment.
- Insurance professionals
- Professionals involved in shipping, banking and legal industries alike
Log into your existing or create an Informa Connect account to download the latest course prospectus. Once logged in, you will have unrestricted access to all Lloyd's Maritime Academy content (across the entire course portfolio).