Delivered by digital learning over 12 months.
Our Marine Insurance course will deepen your knowledge of all the vital areas of the industry
Gain a comprehensive and practical understanding of the legal and operational principles of marine insurance
Diploma in Marine Insurance Online Course
- Module 1 – Introduction to Marine Insurance Law and Markets
- Module 2 – Formation of Marine Insurance Contracts
- Module 3 – The Utmost Good Faith in Marine Insurance Law
- Module 4 – The Legal Nature of Terms and Coverage under Marine Policies
- Module 5 – Hull and Machinery Insurance
- Module 6 – Marine Cargo Insurance
- Module 7 – P & I Insurance and Practice
- Module 8 – Insurance Cover for Emerging Marine Risks
- Module 9 – Claiming Under a Marine Policy
- Module 10 – Subrogation, Contribution and Rights of Third Parties in Marine Insurance
- Module 11 – Case Study
What you'll learn
- Explain the identity of the parties, the subject matter of the insurance, and the perils insured and excluded.
- Discuss the nature and origins of the duty of utmost good faith in insurance law.
- State the legal nature of terms (warranties, condition precedents and suspensory provisions).
- Explain the terms incorporated into the contract to protect against risk alteration during the currency of the policy.
- Define standard terms used for insuring cargo carried by sea.
- Discuss the structure and composition of P&I Clubs.
- Identify and discuss emerging risks for the marine sector (i.e. cyber risks and piracy).
- Examine legal issues surrounding submission of a claim under a marine insurance policy.
- Evaluate the doctrine of contribution between insurers.
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs