Diploma in Maritime Law
- Module 1 - Introduction to Maritime Law
- Module 2 - International Conventions, Regulation and Compliance
- Module 3 - Charterparties
- Module 4 - The Carriage of Goods under Bills of Lading
- Module 5 - Admiralty Law
- Module 6 - Ship and Crew Management
- Module 7 - Marine Insurance
- Module 8 - Ship Construction, Sale and Purchase, Repair and Ship Recycling
- Module 9 - Green maritime and Environmental Law
- Module 10 - Litigation, Arbitration and Mediation
- Case Study
What you'll learn
- Describe and identify the key concepts in international maritime law.
- Describe and identify the legal framework surrounding the maritime industry, which include international conventions, statutory/common law obligations and regulations.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the private law aspects of maritime law, including admiralty and arrest, carriage of goods by sea, charterparties, bills of lading, marine pollution and oil spills, collisions, groundings, wreck and pilotage.
- Discuss the rules on shipowners’ limitation of liability, and how to manage and resolve maritime disputes.
- Evaluate and identify effective methods of dispute resolution.
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Assessed and awarded by North Kent College
Delivered in partnership between the National Maritime Training Centre at North Kent College and Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, this course will develop your vocational knowledge and understanding of key aspects of maritime law to enhance your career progression in the maritime industry.
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world.
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs