The maritime management and leadership course for the shipping industry
Develop the skills and knowledge you need to progress to senior management, increasing career prospects, job security and earning potential
In partnership with North Kent College
Diploma in Maritime Management & Leadership
- Module 1 - Introduction to Maritime Business, Management and Leadership
- Module 2 - Understanding and Managing Finances in a Maritime Business
- Module 3 - Managing Yourself and Developing as a Manager
- Module 4 - Organisational Planning, Management Tools and Techniques
- Module 5 - Leadership and Teamwork
- Module 6 - Effective Communication for Managers and Leaders
- Module 7 - Managing People (Shipboard and Ashore)
- Module 8 - The Human Element in the Maritime Industry
- Module 9 - Management in Tough Times/Environments
- Module 10 - Future Leadership and Management with increasing automation
- Case Study - Pervasive Issues in Maritime Management and Leadership
What you'll learn
- Analyse, interpret and evaluate concepts and theories in leadership and management.
- Understand the vocabulary of management accounting and interpret financial information.
- Discuss and apply effective leadership and management techniques to yourself, individuals and teams in the workplace.
- Discuss the tools/techniques required to translate strategic vision to executable management process and the leadership required to achieve success.
- Apply management and leadership best-practices to different situations, in particular the maritime environment.
- Analyse and adapt existing effective Leadership and Management techniques in an increasingly automated environment.
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Assessed and awarded by North Kent College
Delivered in partnership between the National Maritime Training Centre at North Kent College and Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, the course continues to be the ideal professional development course for existing ship managers, prospective ship managers and for those who work alongside the ship management sector.
100% Online – Learn from wherever you are
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.