Delivered by digital learning over 12 months
The maritime management and leadership course for the shipping industry
Develop the skills and knowledge you need to progress to senior management, increasing career prospects, job security and earning potential
In partnership with North Kent College
NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COURSE?
If you have questions or you would like to talk to one of our Education Consultants, get in touch! Contact +44 (0) 20 8052 2710 for extra details.
Diploma in Maritime Management & Leadership
- Module 1 - Introduction to Maritime Business, Management and Leadership
- Module 2 - Understanding and Managing Finances in a Maritime Business
- Module 3 - Managing Yourself and Developing as a Manager
- Module 4 - Organisational Planning, Management Tools and Techniques
- Module 5 - Leadership and Teamwork
- Module 6 - Effective Communication for Managers and Leaders
- Module 7 - Managing People (Shipboard and Ashore)
- Module 8 - The Human Element in the Maritime Industry
- Module 9 - Management in Tough Times/Environments
- Module 10 - Future Leadership and Management with increasing automation
- Case Study - Pervasive Issues in Maritime Management and Leadership
What you'll learn
- Analyse, interpret and evaluate concepts and theories in leadership and management.
- Understand the vocabulary of management accounting and interpret financial information.
- Discuss and apply effective leadership and management techniques to yourself, individuals and teams in the workplace.
- Discuss the tools/techniques required to translate strategic vision to executable management process and the leadership required to achieve success.
- Apply management and leadership best-practices to different situations, in particular the maritime environment.
- Analyse and adapt existing effective Leadership and Management techniques in an increasingly automated environment.
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Assessed and awarded by North Kent College
Delivered in partnership between the National Maritime Training Centre at North Kent College and Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, the course continues to be the ideal professional development course for existing ship managers, prospective ship managers and for those who work alongside the ship management sector.
Get the Latest Course Updates
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs