A comprehensive guide to issues affecting today's agents
Exploring the agents’ essential duties and obligations to the ship or cargo owner in port, and the vital role they play in the supply chain.
Diploma in Ship & Port Agency
- Module 1 – Ships and the Maritime Environment
- Module 2 – The Work of the Ship and Port Agent
- Module 3 – Commercial Relationships
- Module 4 – Ship Documentation
- Module 5 – Cargo Documentation
- Module 6 – What Agents Need to Know About Chartering
- Module 7 – Port Agency Operations
- Module 8 – Legal Aspects of Ship and Port Agency and Insurance
- Module 9 – Finance, Accounting, Credit Management
- Module 10 – Contemporary Issues
- Module 11 – Case Study: Current Issues in Ship and Port Agency
What you'll learn
- Analyse the competitive landscape of agency provision
- Recognise marine industry terminology
- Classify the types of services offered/required of an agent
- Describe the agent/principal relationship
- Categorise how an agent is remunerated
- Recognise the agents role in relation to this documentation
- Describe the various INCOTERMS and their impact on the agent
- Explain the different types of charterparties and their implication on the agent
- Explain the step by step process of vessel arrival and the role of the agent
- Describe the elements of shipping and maritime law which are relevant to agents
- Discriminate between types of revenue and expenditure
Assessed and awarded by North Kent College
Delivered in partnership between the National Maritime Training Centre at North Kent College and Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, the course continues to be the ideal professional development course for existing ship managers, prospective ship managers and for those who work alongside the ship management sector.
MBA (Ship & Port Agency) - Diploma Continuation
The Diploma in Ship & Port Agency has been academically assessed to provide 60 credits of prior learning accreditation towards a unique MBA delivered in partnership between Lloyd's Maritime Academy and Middlesex University.
100% Online - Learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs