Diploma in Ship Management
- Module 1 - Introduction to the Shipping Industry & The Role of the Ship Manager
- Module 2 - The Skills Set of a Ship Manager
- Module 3 - Maritime Legislation
- Module 4 - The Four Pillars of Quality Shipping
- Module 5 - The ISM Code - ISPS Code – PSC – IMDG Code
- Module 6 - Maritime Certification and the Inspection Bodies
- Module 7 - Maritime ISO Standards and their application
- Module 8 - Financial Controls – Budgeting
- Module 9 - Ship Types and their Operation
- Module 10 - Introduction to Cargo Calculations
- Module 11 - Case Study: Managing a Ship Management Company
What you'll learn
- Identify the role of the ship manager within the context of the marine industry and in any relevant organisation
- Explain both the ISM and ISPS Codes and their relationship with the manager
- Understand the importance of the Four Pillars – SOLAS; MARPOL; STCW; and MLC
- Describe the linkage between quality, health, safety management and environmental systems
- Assess the management of resources and operations for vessel activities and shore resources
- Understand and apply the different demands of various ship types
- Understand and apply the relationship between Flag State; PSC; Class; Other industry bodies
- Analyse core business requirements such as accounting, customer service, law and insurance
- Create and present professional written business reports
Assessed and awarded by North Kent College
Delivered in partnership between the National Maritime Training Centre at North Kent College and Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, the course continues to be the ideal professional development course for existing ship managers, prospective ship managers and for those who work alongside the ship management sector.
MBA (Ship Management) - Diploma Continuation
The Diploma in Ship Management has been academically assessed to provide 60 credits of prior learning accreditation towards a unique MBA delivered in partnership between Lloyd's Maritime Academy and Middlesex University.
100% Online – Learn from wherever you are
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd’s Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs