CHAMPIONING SUSTAINABILITY AT EDEX MENA
Bringing the Education community together to build a sustainable future
We are committed to #EDEXMENA having a positive impact on people and the planet; from minimizing carbon emissions and waste by changing how we run our events, to empowering our diverse communities and partnerships. We want to play a key role in shaping the sustainability of the Education industry by connecting people with the networks and knowledge they need to help solve the big challenges ahead.
When it comes to sustainability, we’re moving FasterForward
EDEX MENA is part of Informa Connect and the Informa Group. Sustainability at Informa focuses on the long term impacts we have on customers, colleagues, the communities we work in and the environment. For this reason, Informa developed the FasterForward approach to sustainable business. Informa’s aim is to become an ever more sustainable, positive impact business.
FasterForward is a structured three-part programme with ambitious commitments and a wide range of activities, covering Informa's business operations, our brands and products and our broader community impact.
Running EDEX gives us lots of opportunities to improve our impact environmentally, socially and economically in our region. We want to make the event more responsible and play a role in helping the market improve its own sustainability by minimizing the impact our operations have on the environment and on the communities we serve. Reduction of waste from single use plastics and printed materials, optimising the use of electricity to conserve energy and reduce carbon footprint, and inclusion of special needs communities to support our educational events are some of the key measures we undertake to make a positive impact.
SUSTAINABILITY AT EDEX
We know sustainability is increasingly important to our attendees and exhibitors, as well as to our market as a whole. Running an event gives us lots of opportunities to improve our impacts environmentally, socially and economically in our host cities. We want to make our event more responsible and play a role in helping our markets improve its own sustainability through connecting people with the networks and knowledge they want to help solve the big challenges in our sector.
We believe a sustainable event focusses on three key aims:
Inspiring Sustainable Development
- Using our content and partnerships to help support the sustainability of the market our event serves
- Inspiring our suppliers, exhibitors and other stakeholders to deliver a sustainable event
- Aligning with the UN's SDGs including: Good Health, Affordable and Clean Energy, Industry, Innovation & Infrastructure, Climate Actions, Partnerships and more
Running an Environmentally Responsible Event
- Energy or material efficiency
- Sustainable procurement choices
- Reducing our event’s carbon emissions
- Creating less waste
- Venue sustainability features
- Considering the sustainability credentials of the items sourced for the event
Running a Socially Responsible Event
- Support of local communities
- Partnering with sustainable suppliers and local suppliers wherever possible
- Ensuring our event is a welcoming environment for all
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host city
- Availability of prayer rooms and lactation suites
HELP IMPROVE THE SUSTAINABILITY OF EDEX
As an attendee
- Consider how you'll get to the event and if you can avoid air travel or take lower carbon transport
- Bring a refillable bottle to save plastic
- Recycle your waste onsite and in your hotel where possible
- Consider opting for vegetarian and vegan food options and avoid food waste
- Only take the give-aways or brochures you need and will use, consider if there are digital alternatives
- Consider the environmental credentials of the hotel when deciding where to stay
- Tell us what your sustainability challenges are and how we can support you to overcome them through EDEX, then get involved in the discussion to help drive sustainable change in our market
As an exhibitor
- Ensure your stand can be reused by either yourself or by your contractors
- Optimise your travel by consolidating your shipments and choosing logistic companies with strong sustainability credentials
- Think carefully about handouts, reduce them by going digital and source recycled, sustainably certified